Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Balm Shady Lady Palette Swatches!!

Hi Everyone!!

This post is dedicated to all of my 'Shady Lady' palettes from the Balm Cosmetics. I own Vol. 1, 2, and 3. There is a special edition Shady Lady palette, but that doesn't have any different shadows in it. The packaging is different, though. It has a snake skin pattern (to go along with the animal patterns on the other 3 palettes). These palettes usually retail for $39.50, but I never buy them full price. Where I get them always has deals like 20% or 30% off, and that's when I grab them. 



Volume 1

Shadows left to right:
Caught In The Act Courtney, Shameless Shana, Luscious Lani, Jealous Jordana, Risque Renee, Curvy Cami, Jet-Setting Jennifer, All About Alex, and Easy Wheezie

Volume 2

Shadows left to right:
Caught In The Act Courtney, Feisty Felicia, Insane Jane, Bossy Bobbi, Makeout Mary, Just This Once Jamie, Mischievous Marissa, Tempting Tara, and Devilish Danielle

Volume 3


Shadows left to right:
Lusty Lee, Envious Erin, Racy Kacy, Safe Bet Annette, Runaround Rebecca, Come-Hither Heather, Open To Offers Owlen, All The Way Annie, and Guilty Gwen

I have a couple complaints about these shadows. First of all, I don't like that there's a duplicate shadow in Volumes 1 & 2 (Caught In The Act Courtney), and I'm not a big fan of the fact that there are no matte shades. 

While swatching, I noticed that the majority of the shades are super buttery and pigmented, but not all of them. There are a couple patchy shades, and I found that the more creamy ones had a lot of fallout. So I guess I'll have to use Fix + to put on some shadows, which isn't exactly different from what I normally do. 

Volume 1 is very cool toned, so I probably won't get much use out of that one. I think I like Volume 2 the best. The shades are brighter and more my type. Volume 3 isn't super thrilling, aside from that copper shade and purple shade, but since I had the first 2, I had to get the 3rd one, right?

That's all for now!

Thanks!

Be Wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment