Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Swatches & Review

Hi hi hi!!

I've heard many mixed reviews on these Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquids. Mine is just the same; mixed. 

I very much enjoy the colour selection. I wouldn't, however, call them matte. They're certainly not transfer proof, either. I'm not one to complain about having to reapply a lip product. I enjoy it actually. I don't like drying liquid lipsticks. They tend to flake off unevenly and fall all over my chin, which is embarrassingly unsightly. 

Whenever a drugstore brand comes out with a new line of lip products, I'm very intrigued. It's hard to keep up sometimes with how fast these brands come out with new products. Not to mention, they're not exactly all inexpensive. Especially if I buy the entire line of them. In this case, the only shade I don't own is the darkest one, which is called Possessed Plum. I initially thought it was a black shade, and I really have no use for a shade like that, but in hindsight, (for the purposes of this blog) I could have used it for swatching. 

At any rate, I'm here to show you swatches of the shades I DO have! 

Here are all of the shades I do have. 


And here are swatches of individual shades.

05 Nude Thrill


10 Nude Flush


15 Pink Charge


20 Electric Pink


25 Fuschia Ecstasy 



30 Orange Shot


35 Rebel Red


40 Berry Boost


45 Vivid Violet


Some of the shades don't have the greatest pigmentation and are a little patchy. As I said before, they're definitely not matte, or transfer proof. I legitimately like every single shade but Vivid Violet, and I can see myself wearing them very often. They're pretty moisturizing, and I really don't think I would mind reapplying once or twice throughout the day. 

They can be found basically anywhere that sells makeup, and the price will vary. I've seen them as low as $6.99 and as high as $11.99. Just keep an eye out for sales or coupons. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's all for today's post! Thanks for reading! 

Byeeee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment