Thursday, February 25, 2016

Dewy Summer Dreaming Makeup!

Hi hi hi!!

During the blizzard Windsor is currently experiencing, I'm thanking myself for booking this weekend off of work so I don't have to drive in this garbage. Unfortunately, it's Thursday, and I still have to go to work today. But that's only one trip of back and forth. And the roads I usually take should be cleared by the time I have to leave my house.



With all this glowing white shit falling from the skies, I decided to try to match my face to be on par with the glow. It's damn near impossible because snow is white and I don't want to look like a ghost, but for today's makeup, I went with a super dewy, super glowy 'natural'-ish look. I just wish it were the sun reflecting my glow instead of snow. But Southwestern Ontario is not that kind to me.


These are the products I used to create said dewy look. I went a little ham on the highlight, but whatever. For my shadow, I used the Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer. I also have lashes on, but I didn't take a picture of them before putting them on my face. They are the Stilazzi lashes in the style 962. I got them at IMATS September 2015 for $1!! They retail for $3 on the website, and they're reusable for a few times; if you take care of them properly.


I originally used 2 Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks; in the shades Patina and Bellissima, but I have discovered that I actually hate the formula of them. They're extremely drying and settle into the fine lines of my lips and actually flake within a few minutes of setting. Granted, I don't really exfoliate my lips, but I think in general, I just prefer the feeling of a lipgloss or a satin finish lipstick to something so dry in finish. I press my lips together so often in a day that I can't afford to have to worry about the matte liquid lipstick transferring or flaking off.


And that's it!! It didn't take me as long as it normally does to do my makeup because there's nothing super intricate about it. I was actually inspired because I was watching YouTube videos (as I do every morning when I'm getting ready) of Katy (Lustrelux) during her trip to Hawaii with Tarte Cosmetics (#trippinwithtarte), and the glow on all the beautiful people that were lucky enough to go was divine. Really made me want to go on a trip. Like now. Especially because I'm sitting by the window watching the snow fall as I type this. Bah!

Thanks for reading!!
Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment