Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Zucchini Pizza!!

Hi Everybody!! 

For dinner tonight I decided to make something somewhat healthy, but cheesy as hell at the same time. It's zucchini pizza!! 
I got a recipe off of Pinterest a while ago and I've used it before, but when I went back to the same pin that I used before, it led me to a completely different recipe, so I had to wing it; which I'm pretty good at considering I very rarely follow a recipe when cooking or baking anyway. 
I shredded 8 medium sized zucchini, salted and left them to extract the water for about 30 minutes. I then drained and squeezed it all out with a kitchen towel. I then mixed it all with shredded cheese and 2 eggs. When that was nicely mixed I spread the mixture on parchment paper on a baking sheet. I baked it at 400 for about 8 minutes and it turned out something like the picture below. 


I made a pizza sauce by using a can of tomato paste, water, oregano, and garlic powder and spread it over the zucchini crust. 


The toppings I used are red onions, sliced ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, and feta cheese. 


And this is what it turned out to look like when it was done and I was already eating it. 


It was extremely delicious, but time consuming. I'm for sure going to make it again, but after my body rids itself of all the salt it took in with this meal. If you have the ingredients, I highly suggest trying it out for yourself. You won't regret it. Neither will your mouth. 

That's all for now!!  Thanks!!

Be Wonderful :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment