Sunday, April 3, 2016

March 2016 Beauty Favourites!

Heyyyyyy!!

I'm here to share with you my favourite beauty products for the month of March 2016!

These are the makeup items I've been LOVING in the month of March and have been using the most.

In no particular order, I have:

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette
Wet N Wild Coloricon Blush in Rose Champagne
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Flirtation
MAC Eye Kohl in Costa Riche
Stilazzi 939 False Lashes



The foundation is perfection. Let's be serious. Even though I have combination/oily skin, and this is a very wet foundation, I find this product to be perfect for medium to buildable high coverage without looking cakey and it doesn't make me even more oily throughout the day even thought it's supposed to be a luminous foundation. I have mine in the shade N2, and after using it only a few times, I have already gone out and picked up a backup of it.

If you read my post on the Urban Decay Electric Palette, you should know how I feel about it. If not, go check it out here! Needless to say, I love it. If just for a pop of colour or to make a complete look only involving this palette, it's great.

The Becca highlighter in Champagne Pop has had some loving. Unless you live under a rock, you should know that this highlighter is a collaboration product between Becca and Jaclyn Hill. When I first got it, I honestly thought it was going to be too dark for my skin. Dependent on my makeup look the day I use it, it can be too dark and I normally need to layer my highlight to really make it pop, but when I'm going for more of a natural/bronzy look, it's perfection.

I've been using several different brow products for a long time, and when I found the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, I thought I would never use another brow product. Like, ever. Until this. The L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer is the BEST eyebrow pencil I have ever used. Bar none. It's not too waxy, it's not too creamy. It has the tiny pencil applicator on one end and a spoolie on the other end. It's literally just perfect.

Wet N Wild isn't found at too many places in Windsor, but I usually get my stock at the Real Canadian SuperStore. I know it's carried at Walmart, but I rarely go there, and RCSS is just around the corner from where I live, so I usually go there. I've had my eye out for the Spring collection with all the pastels, but I haven't had any luck, but I did find the new formulation of their blushes. And I picked up one in Rose Champagne, and I find it to be the perfect nude/rosey/peachy blush that I can wear on natural makeup days because it just gives me a nice flush. It's not matte, but not shimmery. It's more of a satin pink with kind of a rose gold glow to it.

I have the entire line of the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolours, but I can see myself using the shade Flirtation the most this coming Spring. It's a gorgeous bright coral colour that would look incredible on all skin tones. It's perfect for Spring; it's bright, it's fun, it's flirty, and it's colourful. I wore it with a bronzy type look last week and I got SO MANY compliments.

The MAC Eye Kohl was a recommendation by Kathleen Lights. She had said that if you have green or hazel or brown eyes, to get the MAC eyeliner in Costa Riche. So I did. And she was totally right. I'm not one to buy a lot of MAC products. Honestly, I own 5 items by MAC. Not lying. And I only like 3 of them. This is at the top of the list. I use it in my waterline and sometime I tightline with it, and it really makes my green eyes pop. It's a beautiful warm chocolate brown with a reddish tint in it that complements the green in my eyes and really makes them look overly green. It will definitely be a repurchase when I run out of it.

When I went to IMATS last September, I bought a TON of false lashes from the Stilazzi/Frends booth because they were $1. Sadly I only bought one of the 939 style. They ended up being my favourite of the stack that I bought, but luckily for me, the wonderful April had a few backups that she bought at IMATS, so she gave them to me :) and I've been able to continue to enjoy them again!

Aaaaaaand that was the longest post ever. Congratulations if you made it through the whole thing!

PS I'm thinking about holding my very first giveaway. Tell your friends. :)

Thank you so much for reading!!
Talk to you soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment