Monday, March 14, 2016

Comparison: Garnier Micellar Water VS Bioderma Sensibio H2O

Hi!!

So I picked up the Garnier Skin Active Micellar water makeup remover a few weeks ago, and I've been trying it out and testing it against my beloved Bioderma Sensibio H2O. I think I've used it enough (it's almost half empty) to be able to share my thoughts and opinions on it.


This retails for $9 or so for 400mL, but there's no doubt it can be found on sale almost everywhere right now considering it's a brand new product. There's also a waterproof makeup removing version. The one I have is for sensitive skin. I use a few cotton rounds soaked in the product to begin the makeup removing process. I wash my face normally after using it to get the majority of my makeup off.


I like the way it gently removes the makeup from my face, and especially my eyes. It doesn't sting or burn, and it's quite effective in removing my eye makeup. Almost as good as my Bioderma. I find I have to go over my eyes at least twice to get everything off, whereas with my Bioderma, it's basically one wipe and done.


I definitely like the price point in comparison to the Bioderma, which retails for around $26 for 500mL, but I don't like everything about it. Actually, there's only one thing I don't like about it; the smell. It's the strangest thing, though. When I smell it straight from the bottle, I smell nothing. But as I'm removing the makeup from my face with it, all I seem to smell is lake water. It reminds me of when I was younger and I would go to a cottage with my family or something, and we went swimming in the lake. That kind of lake water. The kind that has fish and algae in it. It turns me off that I'm removing my face with lake water. Not really, but it smells like it. Call me crazy, but that's just what I've experienced. It may just be the micelles mixing with my makeup, and there's a reaction that makes it smell like algae, but I'm really not a fan.


Other than that, it's a pretty great product. I just need to hold my breath while using it or something to get over the smell. I find it works pretty well when I'm doing swatches for posts and need to remove something from my hand or arm or wrist or wherever I have swatched. So maybe that's how I`ll use the rest of it up, and I'll continue using my Bioderma for my face. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

That`s all for now!

Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment