Thursday, March 24, 2016

Frutique Coconut Water Skincare Review

Heyyyy!!

I've been using this Frutique skincare line that I purchased at Cosmoprof for several weeks, and I feel like I've come up with a half decent review for you.

Let me start by saying I love anything and everything coconut scented and flavoured. So this was already a thumbs up product for me.

In case you're unaware, coconut water is VERY good for your skin. It's full of vitamins and antioxidants, and helps control excess oil and maintain skin's elasticity.

I have 4 of the 5 products in this line.

1. Hydrating Face Wash (200mL) - SRP $48

2. Hydrating Tonic Mist (200mL) - SRP $47

3. Ultra Hydrating Moisturizer (100mL) - SRP $42

4. Hydrating Night Repair Creme (50mL) - SRP $37

I normally begin my skincare routine with removing my makeup. Funny enough; the makeup remover pads is the only product from this coconut water line that I don't have. So after removing my makeup with my Bioderma or my Garnier micellar water, I go in with the hydrating face wash. It obviously smells like coconut; maybe the most strongly scented product of the line. It has tiny microbeads in it to help exfoliate my skin, and it has a toner built in to help remove excess makeup. I only need 1 pump of this to cleanse my face, so it will last me a long while.

I use the hydrating tonic mist after washing my face and patting it dry. It is meant to rapidly restore the moisture balance in the surface layers of the skin. I don't have a whole lot to say about this product. It's decent, but for the price, I could maybe go without it to be honest.

The ultra hydrating moisturizer smells more sweet than warm coconut-ty, but it still feels wonderful when I put it on my face after using the hydrating tonic mist. It's not too thick to the point that I feel like I'm putting vaseline on my face, but it has a nice consistency that's easily spread around my face and down my neck.

The hydrating night repair creme has a lovely coconut scent to it (stronger than the tonic mist and the moisturizer), and it has perhaps an even thinner consistency to it than the moisturizer; to the point that it almost makes me wonder how it can be a repair creme. It claims to replenish skin's moisture, diminish lines and wrinkles and increase antioxidant protection while you sleep. Which I'm totally okay with.

The only thing I've noticed when I use the entirety of the products that I have is that my skin feels really tight afterwards. Usually when I put on a night creme, my skin feels goopy. Call me crazy, but I prefer that feeling to the tightness; it makes me feel like my skin in actually being hydrated. Whereas, when my skin feels tight after applying a moisturizer AND a night creme, I feel like I need to be moisturizing more because my skin doesn't feel hydrated. I know I'm going back and forth here, but perhaps the reason my skin feels tight is because the night creme and moisturizer are actually sinking into my skin. Bah! I'm so confused!

LONG STORY SHORT, I love this line. I'm going to continue to go back to Cosmoprof and look for the makeup remover pads. Once I run out of the hydrating tonic mist, however, I most likely won't repurchase.

That's all for now!

Thanks so much for reading!

Bbbbbbyyyyyeeeeeeee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment