Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Weekend Away

Hi Everybody!!

I went away this weekend with Wayne and his son for his son's last baseball tournament of the year. I'm sure I'm supposed to say stuff like 'it was bittersweet', and 'I'm going to miss those kids', but I'm honestly so thankful it's finally fucking over. I swear it's hard to have a job with kids in sports. It's like a 5 day a week thing, and it costs so much fucking money!! Sometimes I just feel like shoving them outside and making them get their exercise by running around the block. That may just be me, and it may just be my absolute exhaustion after this season talking, but that's how I feel at this moment in time. So there. 

In any event, we went away, and I was pretty excited about it being the last baseball trip. I'm always excited about the road trip part because it means Tim Hortons for the road!! I always remember that when growing up, no matter where my family was going, or how long the trip (be it 2 hours, or 12 hours), we always stopped at Tim Hortons on the way out of town to get coffee, or juice, and timbits (donut holes). So now every time I go out of town, it's an absolute must. I've switched my beverage choice from juice to coffee, or an iced cappuccino. The timbits are a staple, though.


Wayne's son didn't have any games to play on Friday night, so we just went out for a quick dinner and hung out at the hotel. We went to a place called Five Guys. It's similar to In n' Out. I'm not a giant fan of red meat, so it was just okay in my opinion. I got a regular burger with cheese, bacon, sauteed onions, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo. I also got the cajun fries because I'm not too huge a fan of french fries either. The fries were the best part of the meal I think. 


This is the makeup look I went for that day. I actually stepped way out of my comfort zone and actually filmed myself doing my makeup application that morning. I'm not sure whether or not it will ever see the internet, but I did it.


That night in the hotel, after I washed my face, I decided to do a face mask. The one I used is from the brand 'Soap & Glory' and the mask is called 'Scrub Your Nose In It'. It's supposed to be a pore minimizing mask. It definitely has the cooling and tightening effect on my face, but I didn't really see too much of a difference to be honest. But whatever. I'll continue to use it, maybe once a week, until I really don't see anything different. Then I'll probably stop.


That's all for now! I'll share more about my weekend later!

Thank you!

Be Wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment