Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette!!

Hi Everybody!!

So if you read makeup blogs or have any knowledge of makeup these days, I'm sure you've seen this thing a million times, but I bought it for a different reason than everyone else, I'm sure. 

This is the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette. It succeeds Vice 1 and Vice 2. I only really got into makeup this year (2014), so I don't really know much about the first two Vice's. I DO know that they are all limited edition, and once sold out of stores and online, they are very difficult to get your hands on, and when you can find them, they are guaranteed to have a higher than retail price tag on them. 

And that's why I bought one; with the specific purpose to hold on to it until they are all sold out, and sell it at double market value. I have zero intentions of using this palette. When I first heard it was coming out, I had no desire whatsoever to buy it, whether it be to keep and use and be added to my collection, or to give away as a gift (that's a really nice gift, though, with a price tag of $70 CAD). 

Upon further inspection and research, I learned that the first two Vice palettes were still sought after on online shopping retailers, and for at least double the market value. So that got me thinking. And thinking some more. And debating. Do I buy this palette and never use it> Do I buy this palette and sell it for double what I paid? Do I actually want this palette for myself? Do I buy it and give it as a gift? So many things went through my head. I deduced that I would for sure never use it, so it was obvious I also didn't want it. The only person I would ever gift it to would be +April Richardson and upon further investigation, I knew she had no desire to own it, either. So my last question to myself was 'do I buy it and sell it for double?', and the answer was yes.

Here are pictures of every facet of the giant palette :)







Giant. The thing is huge. I'm glad I don't want it because it would never fit in the holders that I keep all of my palettes in. If I were to keep it, I can only realistically see myself using the far left row of shadows anyways, and I refuse to pay $70 for 4 eye shadows. 

Long story short, though; I returned it. 

I did some more research, and there were still a ton left everywhere, and everyone that was selling them online was selling them for the USD price, which by rule of thumb is usually around $10 less than what we pay in Canada. I didn't want to have to wait 6 months or maybe even a year to sell this thing for a profit. Who knows what could happen to it in that time. So it went bye bye. I'm not upset.

That's all! Thank you!

Be Wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment