Tuesday, October 7, 2014

SEPHORA HAS ARRIVED!!

Hi Everybody!!

So this past weekend was a very busy and exciting one for me. First off, Devonshire Mall in Windsor FINALLY got a Sephora store (and if you know anything about me, you know how I feel about Sephora). It opened Friday, October 3rd, and the amazing +April Richardson and I went to the opening. That's a story in itself. 


So we heard that the first 100 people in the store were going to be getting a goodie bag filled with deluxe samples and things like that, so we wanted to make sure we were the first ones in line. I woke up at 4am to start getting ready because she was picking me up at 545am to go to the mall. 


We got to the mall before the sun even woke up. Luckily it was a lovely October morning because we were outside for a long time before the mall doors opened. The sky was really beautiful when the sun was rising, so I had to take a picture. We even took videos of our early morning adventure to hopefully post on a youtube channel we plan on starting shortly!!

When the mall doors opened at 730am, we basically ran through the mall to make sure we were the first ones in front of the store, and of course, we were. By a long shot. Other people didn't start showing up and getting in line behind us until about 830am. I thought more would be as excited as we were about the store, but I guess I was wrong. By the time the store opened, there were probably 50 people behind us.

All of the stores in the mall open at 930am, so when Sephora finally opened its doors, had the ribbon cutting, blah blah, they let us in the store. and DIDN'T GIVE US ANYTHING. I didn't really realize it until we had been in the store for about 15 minutes, and then I thought maybe it was the first 100 transactions that they were giving free stuff out to. So we got in line to purchase what we had picked out. We were planning on shopping more; we just wanted to make sure we got the free stuff. 


With a $25 purchase (which isn't difficult), everyone got this specially designed makeup bag. And it was empty. I wasn't impressed. I didn't wake up at 4am to not get free stuff. Plus, who has a store opening without free stuff for loyal customers?? Honestly.


If any of you follow me on twitter (if you don't, go do it now. @shelbyanng9), you may have seen the angry tweets that ensued Friday morning when I got home. I've never done anything like that before, but holy shit social media gets results! Sephora ended up tweeting me back and asked for my email so they could forward my complaints to their retail division. I got an email the next day inviting me to enjoy a complementary makeup application as well as an array of deluxe samples. And that's all I wanted. I just wanted samples. I didn't expect anything to happen from my tweets, but I'm pretty happy something did. 

Moral of the story; I'm happy Sephora is finally open, but I'm not impressed with the service thus far. 

Sorry for the long post! I hope you stuck around to read the whole thing!
Thank you!

Be Wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment